Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

So, it's been like, FOR-EEHHHHHHHHH-VER since I posted. I mean, the ENTIRE year. I've been, um, how should I put this.... overwhelmed? That's putting it pretty mildly. I've had a large class, some behavior issues, changes in curriculum and tested criteria, stress (mostly self-induced), good benchmark scores, horrid benchmark scores.... you know, pretty much the typical teacher stuff. But this week, we had a fun week. I mean, school-sanctioned F-U-N week. So I went nuts. It's Read Across America Week (which coincides with Dr. Seuss's birthday), and I chose the book Oh, The Places You'll Go! I love the book, and had actually already read it to my class. My favorite Dr. Seuss quote comes from the book ("You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.") It was a perfect fit. Everything I Googled (or searched for on Pinterest) showed the cover... that weird, striped funnel thing. That's what I painted on my T-shirt for Friday's dress up day. I wanted something a little more... well, something you could relate to. I chose balloons and the page with the castle. Here's what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...