Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I've been HIRED!

SCORE! Someone has deemed me worthy! I had one interview and it went well -- I was surprised by my ability to keep things on topic (as I tend to wander...) and felt that I really had something to SAY. I'll be teaching 5th grade at a Title 1 school at which I subbed this spring. The school was built in 1926 and I just visited "MY" classroom today. The principal is trying to maximize her resources, and so is having students eat their lunch in their classrooms next year. In light of this decision, she decided that the kindergarteners should be as close to the lunch line as possible to minimize their tray-carrying distance -- and the current arrangement has them on the opposite end of the building. SO. Long story short -- what WAS a K classroom will now be my 5th grade classroom. Things will need to be re-hung, the VERY primary color scheme is going to have to go... and it's time to dust off the 'ol tool belt. :-) I'm so excited, though, by the prospect of some service learning projects for my 5th graders to teach them to invest in their community. I see grant writing in my very near future!! I tackle this new adventure with great zeal and enthusiasm!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...